Monday, January 5, 2009

Curry turns attention toward Duke

So now Davidson guard Stephen Curry is the third player in school history to score 2,000 points. His 21 in Saturday's 76-55 victory against Samford at Belk Arena pushed him to a career total of 2,011. He trails only John Gerdy (2,483) and Fred Hetzel (2,032).

"It's really pretty crazy," Curry said afterward in a soft voice, sitting at a table in the team's media center. "I didn't really know coming into the game, and didn't let it be a distraction. But it's really big for me personally to be up there on that list. I think I'll be able to cherish it a little more after the season's over with and really realize what I've done."

Curry is still just halfway through his junior season.

"We've got more of the season left, and more business to take care of," he said.

That starts Wednesday night at Duke.

- Stan Olson

0 comments: