Saturday, March 28, 2009

UNC's Davis: I'll be back

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — With freshman forward Ed Davis’ increased offensive presence of late, there’s been a lot of speculation as to whether the reserve might jump to the NBA after this season. Asked Saturday if he will consider it, he said “no.”

“I just want to win a national championship, I just want to play my years at Carolina, that’s all I’m thinking about right now,’’ said Davis, whose Tar Heels play Oklahoma in the regional final Sunday.

Davis is averaging 6.7 points and 6.7 rebounds this season. His dad, Terry, played in the NBA for 10 years. -- Robbi Pickeral

5 comments:

MichaelProcton said...

Yeah...I remember Sean May saying the same thing. I think he's STILL working to that diploma. Carolina doesn't worry about whether kids can hack it academically.

Daryl Triplett said...

Funny Michael. Did you know that Carolina has the highest graduation rate among the #1 seeds this year, 86%? None of the others are over 70%.

Go HEELS!

Anonymous said...

Never heard this even mentioned until this silly story.

Anonymous said...

Does anybody care?? Not!!

Unknown said...

Funny Daryl. That sure does look impressive until you consider that they hand out A's in Chapel Hill like lollipops at the bank.
http://www.newsobserver.com/1366/story/1381084.html
Academics are a joke at UNC.