Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lawson's post-Duke remedy wasn't one

GREENSBORO -- There's been a lot of conjecture about why Ty Lawson's jammed right toe swelled up so badly after UNC's regular-season finale at Duke on March 8. The UNC point guard revealed one possible reason Saturday night: epsom salt.

"That was probably our fault,'' Lawson said after he scored 23 points during UNC's 84-79 victory over LSU. "My dad, he was like, 'Put it in hot water and Epsom salt.' It's an old remedy, old school, so I was like, 'All right, I'll try it. But then it swelled up real big, and I told the doctors, and they just looked at me like I was crazy. I won't do that again -- I'll just ice it from now on."

Lawson missed three games before returning for the second-round NCAA tournament game. He said he's confident his toe won't react as badly this time -- and that he'll stay away from those old-school remedies. -- Robbi Pickeral

0 comments: