Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Singler undecided about returning for senior season

INDIANAPOLIS -- Duke junior Nolan Smith said after his team's national championship victory over Butler on Monday night that he plans to return to Durham for his senior season.

Junior Kyle Singler -- the Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four -- has not yet decided.

"No idea,'' Singler, who scored 19 points, said when asked about next year.

"I'll just talk to coach and get his opinion, talk to my family. ... I'm just going to let myself be open to what Coach has to say, because he has my best interest [at heart]."

Underclassmen have until April 25 to enter their names into the draft, and until May 8 to pull out -- as long as they don't hire an agent.

Smith, who scored 13 points in the title game, said, "I'm definitely not even considering going. Unless somebody said, 'Nolan, you're going to be the No. 1 pick,' and John Wall has that on lock.

"This squad, coming in next year ... it could be something special. Back-to-back champs could be our future."

Robbi Pickeral

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the sour grapes!! I was pulling for Duke to win mainly because I knew how much it would upset petty Carolina fans!! Do it again in 2011 Duke!

Anonymous said...

I know that this is really cliche', but Singler really looks like a Larry Bird type of player. I know, I know, a lot of white guys get that label, but he is well rounded in different areas. He can hit the running jump shot, is deadly accurate when squared up, has long arms to block alot of shots, plays decent defense, and is real competitive like Larry. He certainly is better than the previous, "Larry Bird" type of player Adam Morrison. Just my opinion though.
P.S. I am a Carolina fan, and it pains me to complement him

Anonymous said...

Whoever compared this guy to Larry Bird is crazy.Their is only 1 Larry Bird. Singler vs any NBA foward is a joke.He will be just like Gerald Henderson.On the bench

Anonymous said...

This is NOT the Carolina way! Shut up!

Treday7 said...

When the Blue Devils plane comes home today, they're planning on dumping the airplane's toilets straight down Franklin Street before they land. I just hope they save enough for Roy's house, too. Ha ha ha eat it Tarholes, eat it

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said go, heels. Those holes already went! They could not even win the NIT!! Do not expect more from the holes next year. After that, your Roy boy will be gone. The holes are only losing Ginyard and one other - both of whom did NOTHING this year. So, you sound like very poor losers, hole.

Anonymous said...

Come on Heels fans....look at it like this.....not everybody finishes the season in the top, what.......I don't know.....67 in the nation. And Heels fans are right...wait til next year...so Roy proves, once again, that he couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Anonymous said...

2:13....what's he going to do? Throw another fan that doesn't kiss his ring out of the gym?

Anonymous said...

The UNC-CH fluffers on here are typical hole fans. Arrogant and idiotic. I guess there's always football season for Butch and Company.

Anonymous said...

Why are you UNCers on here? This is Duke's Day!

Anonymous said...

I love the classy responses.....

Anonymous said...

Kyle is one of the toughest SOB's to ever play for Duke. Its been awesome to watch his development over the past 3 years. Regardless of is he stays or goes (I think he should and will go), nobody can take away what a remarkable accomplishment this team achieved. NATIONAL CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

UNC-CH: Home to the whine cheesers, Mike Easley, John Edwards, and Ruffin Poole.