Monday, April 19, 2010

Singler to remain at Duke

Duke's Kyle Singler announced tonight that he would forego the chance to enter the NBA draft and would stay in school for his senior year.

"I love being here at Duke and am excited about next year," he said in a statement. "I had two great options in front of me, but I did not want to miss out on all the great things to come in a senior year."

Singler was named the Most Outstanding Player of the 2010 Final Four as the Blue Devils won the national championship. He averaged 17.7 points and 7.0 rebounds as a junior.

"I am looking forward to coaching Kyle in his senior year and seeing him develop more as a player and as a leader," Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a statement.

Chip Alexander

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone else is just playing for second place now...

Anonymous said...

when I was a kid I used to think that the NCAA Tourney was a tournament to see who would play Duke for the championship...I am glad to see things are back to normal

Anonymous said...

Duke will be strong and should be the favorite (don't sleep on Michigan St).. but i seem to recall a team with Elton Brand, Cory Maggette, Will Avery, Shane Battier, Trajen Langdon, ect that was SOOOOO GREAT. I don't think that worked out for the Devil's either. Oh yeah and then there was the Jason Williams, Dunleavy team. K seems to be better with the teams that aren't supposed to win but are really good (91, 01, 10). He has only won one with a team that was supposed to (92).

Anonymous said...

That '99 Elton Brand team that didn't "work out" went 38-2...but whatever.

Good to see order restored in basketball...DUKE back in the #1 driver's seat.