Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Maryland's Vasquez named ACC Basketball Player of the Year

Maryland guard Greivis Vasquez has been voted Player of the Year in ACC basketball by members of the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association.

A senior from Caracas, Venezuela, the 6-foot-5 guard was named on 39 of 53 ballots cast. Duke guard Jon Scheyer was second with 12 votes and Virginia Tech guard Malcolm Delaney received the other two.

"This means so much to me," Vasquez said. "After four years of working so hard, to be the ACC Player of the Year is unbelievable. I don't have enough words to express how happy I am for my teammates, my coaches and my whole country. People in Venezuela have been so supportive and making me a better player and a better person."

Vasquez is the sixth Maryland player to win the award and the first since Juan Dixon in 2002.

-- Caulton Tudor

2 comments:

Unknown said...

college basketball has never been taken less seriously..you see, i have a friend who plays for their school because of family debt..currently, im heping him find an effective credit repair ways..hope his family will get it through with the help of his basketball career as well

lace front wigs said...

College basketball here in our country is taken seriously. To the maximum level because this game will lead them to play for national